Study Norwegian Online in Summer 2018
• No prior language experience required.
• On-line course with individualized instruction and daily face-to-face video chat
• Sign up for one session or both. Both sessions fulfill an entire year of language.
• Helps train students to apply to higher levels of Norwegian language through FLAS
• May fulfill a college language requirement
WELCOME TO THE CENTER FOR EUROPEAN STUDIES AT UW-MADISON
U.S. Department of Education Title VI National Resource Center
The Center for European Studies (CES) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison belongs to a select group of U.S. Department of Education “Title VI” National Resource Centers that are granted funds to educate university audiences, the K-14 community, the broader public and state agencies about Europe. CES has been an official National Resource Center funded by the U.S. Department of Education and the university since 2000 and has received renewed funding for the 2014-2018 cycle.
CES brings together scholars from across the campus and links departments, courses, and people to offer further stimulation through symposia, conferences, and guest speakers on a variety of topics concerning Europe.
The UW-Madison is home to more than 20 departments offering Europe-related courses. Students at the university have the opportunity to study almost all European languages.
European Studies is comprised of the Center for European Studies, the Center for German and European Studies, and the Jean Monnet European Union Center of Excellence.